Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Snippets: Travelling Edition

I'm heading to Texas for a work trip. I get a king size bed all to myself. I see sprawling in my future.

Heartbreaking

Gah, cute seals!

Just a horse and a kitty being friends

Dear god, yes I HATE being called Jill/Jilly (a select few friends are permitted) but heaven above if someone who isn't close to me tries to call me that.

WHY in the hell did it take over a week for the mainstream news to talk about this?!! & More & More here

It's been 14 days since the girls went missing and no progress has been made on tracking their whereabouts, either by the military or by groups of machete-wielding parents searching through the countryside. The search for the kidnapped girls also has been muddled by misinformation. In the immediate wake of the kidnapping, says BuzzFeed reporter Jina Moore, the Nigerian military claimed to have found and freed the girls and captured one of the terrorists involved—a claim that was proven wrong and ultimately retracted. And, according to a report by Voice of America, the Boko Haram terrorists are threatening to kill the girls if the search operations aren't called off.


Mind-boggling I know where this is. The rain has been insane this week. Parts of Laurel, MD were underwater, too.



When a majority of people in a marginalized community tells you a word is offensive to them, you don't fracking use it if you wish to be considered respectful allies to that community.

No comments:

Post a Comment