Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday Snippets: Happy Mother's Day!

My mom and I are getting pedicures. We roll hard.

Abortion rights

The researchers found that “a year after being denied an abortion, 7 percent reported an incident of domestic violence in the last six months,” compared to 3 percent of the women who received abortions. The researchers concluded that this “wasn’t because the turnaways were more likely to get into abusive relationships,” but that “getting abortions allowed women to get out of such relationships more easily.”





In 2002, Iraqi officials asked for the return of the Gate, to no avail. A year later, the U.S. invaded the country.

Holy shit, that's awesome Bill Nye the Science Guy = one of my favorite people ever


I used the sea sponge for awhile (you want to inspire awkward looks in a public restroom, try washing one in the sink sometime) but now I use cloth pads. I do have a few disposables at work, in case of emergencies, but I rather enjoy not having to literally throw my money away.

Names are important These women's names deserved to be told and remembered and they need to be found. & More Information

*headdesk* Yes please, let's pink-ify everything that has female attached to it. And people wonder why I don't want to reveal any future squidlets' gender ahead of time.



It felt like buying a house meant buying the cultural narrative that came with it.

This. Right freaking here. I feel like this with all of the adult decisions I've made in the past five years.




No comments:

Post a Comment