Since it's now the tenth of May, I will keep up as best I can and give a condensed version of the first ten days.
Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)
Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)
Day 3, Friday: Things that make you uncomfortable
Day 4, Saturday: Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it
Day 5, Sunday: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? If you don't have blogger friends, talk about a real-life friend or even a family member
Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
Day 7, Tuesday: The thing(s) you're most afraid of
Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.
Day 9, Thursday: A moment in your day (this can be just a photo or both a photo and words)
Day 10, Friday: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.
- I remember when 250 words was so hard to fill for an inschool essay. And yet, here I am, trying to condense my sparkly life into less than that. Have many different identities; human, writer, poet, daughter, wife (to three people! Yes, that is a long story for another day), friend, feminist, photographer, crafter, attempting DIY projects in a new home while trying not to set myself or the cat on fire...in no particular order.
- I am fairly good at taking pictures and it's a skill I love honing. I've had a camera in my hand since I was eight and now have a gorgeous Canon XSi named Oscar.
- Uncomfortable? Racism, classism, sexism, ablism, etc. Beyond uncomfortable, of course.
- Quote? Is it sad or telling that I had to look up my Facebook profile to remember my favorite quotes? "When I get a little money, I buy books. And if there is any left over, I buy food." Desiderous Erasmus
- Favorite blogger friends. Like I could pick just one. Obviously, The Murrayed Life. Womanist Musings, TransGriot, Girls Gone Child (the fangirl crush I have on her is disgusting), Dooce, A Cup of Jo, A Practical Wedding, the midnight blues, another dear friend's tumblr from college, but not sure if she would want it shared, Not Taken, Not Available, all the Offbeat Life ones, The Simple Dollar...the list goes on. What can I say, I love to read.
- So I can't answer with my job. Fair enough. Americans work-life balance is in need of a serious overhaul anyway. I make sure I am kind to people. I spill over with bubbly laughter and usually end up hugging everyone in the room. I try to live life to the fullest and show everyone I love them that I do, every day.
- Most afraid of? Losing the ones I love. I know that's inevitable. But when was fear rational?
- Advice for others? Really? I eat food out of a pan over the stove and have yet to feel like a grown up. Alright, if you're really asking. Make time to listen. For any relationship. My favorite moments of college is having talks with friends and getting so excited because you click so hard. My hubs and I were really good friends before we started dating and on one of our last road trips, for three hours straight, we turned off the radio and just talked. I love it.
- This is a moment and a bit of the nutshell that is my life. Yes. That is a sugar packet that I'm downing like a shot of Patron.
- There are oh so many embarrassing moments in my life. My life could be one giant such moment. But honestly, not a whole really embarrasses me anymore. Although dancing to Usher on your iPod while working outside cleaning and realizing the neighbors have been watching you the whole time might rank up there.