Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sunday Snippets: Oh, look snow....again.....*cries*

Rape culture, what rape culture? & An article by Zerlina Maxwell

Gah! SO cute!

Feels! I love random acts of kindness.

YES! I'm so beyond tired of blackface, it's wrong, plain and simple.

What. The. Hell. Footage I got of being HARASSED by Lou Ann Zelenik and others after a court hearing. Islamaphobia is alive and well in this part of the U.S.


Endo Awareness Month Endometriosis is a weird and kind of unbelievable disease. It’s hard to describe, and it involves a top-secret body part called the uterus that you don’t hear about it much, but it affects 157 million of women across the world. (Check out this video.) Because it's underrepresented in medical training and causes debilitating pain that can’t be measured, tested, or seen on scans, you have a nice recipe for an invisible disease relegated to "crazy women."

Yup! I remember being told by a coworker, after I said I wasn't feeling well, I had to leave early and they just looked at me, sighed, and said, "You don't look sick." I had a boss tell me that, that she couldn't stop me if I really needed to leave early.

Exactly! As you can see from the chart above, the Zero Waste lifestyle is actually more about not doing(i.e, not participating in unsustainable activities) than it is about doing (working on Zero Waste) as one would expect. For me, Not participating in unsustainable activities has made room for living more, along side working a fulfilling full-time job.

Interview with Ariel Gore Her new book, The End of Eve, is out. Go buy it. Seriously.


(Photo credit: http://i-am-a-child-of-time.tumblr.com/post/80903611484/jake-english-i-teach-my-class-about-privilege)


Yay!!! That human rights wrong was corrected today when the Maryland House of Delegates voted 82-57 to pass SB 212, the Fairness for All Marylanders Act! This bill, unlike the unjust 2011 one I blasted all over these TransGriot pages at the time along with a coalition of trans people just as pissed off about the unjust bill, expand Maryland's anti-discrimination laws to protect transgender people in employment, housing, access to credit and public accommodations.

No comments:

Post a Comment