Friday, June 7, 2013

I'll try not to let this go to my head




From Christina:

For those of you not in the know, a Liebster is an award given from bloggers to bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is meant to bring light to lesser known blogs that we read and love and to give a little blogger pat-on-the-back via this screen.

I was extremely touched to receive this award and from a fellow college friend as well. Check out Christina at The Murrayed Life!

>> Rules <<

1. Thank the bloggers with their link.
2. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions set for you.
4. Choose 11 blogs that inspire you with under 200 followers and link their pages to your post.
5. Create 11 questions for them.
6. Inform your nominees.

>> 11 Random Facts <<


1. I love Heinz Ketchup. It was one of the four basic food groups growing up and I love it to this day.
2. When the hubs and I were first dating, he made me a steak. He sat down and waited to see how I liked it. I instead put ketchup on it. I have not lived this down nor do I believe I ever will.
3. I took karate class for eight years as a kid/teenager.
4. I actually like drinking scotch and really dark beer.
5. I was neighbors with Neal DeGrasse Tyson when I was a kid.
6. I have Gemini twin younger brothers.
7. I snort when I laugh.
8. I can change my own oil in my car.
9. I was in the Slavic Honor Society in high school.
10. I once procrastinated on a paper in school for three months past its deadline.
11. I used to watch the second Austin Powers movie enough times that I could recite the entire thing from memory.


>> Questions <<

1. Favorite book?
I have a lot of favorites. Probably Atlas of the Human Heart by Ariel Gore or Letting the Body Lead by Jenn Crowell.

2. Dream vacation?
Iceland or Russia. Or spending a month in Prague.

3. Favorite food?
Mac n cheese

4. One future goal.
To have a book published

5. City or country?
After my years of commuting, I'm retiring in a rural area.

6. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
Be a good/kind person (especially to yourself) and tell everyone you love that you love them. Often.

7. Favorite recipe?
Um. Not really a baker. I have recipes that I use but none are really a go to favorite. My mom makes amazing pinwheel cookies as a holiday staple, but if I tell you that, I may have to kill you.

8. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you try?
Forensic scientist. We had a mock crime scene set up in science class in elementary school and years of reading Nancy Drew meant I was the only one in the class who solved it. I loved it.

9. What's the best decision you ever made?
Going back to therapy

10. If you could spend a day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Our old family friend Margaret. There was so much I didn't get to know before she passed.

11. Who are your celebrity crushes?
James McAvoy, Matt Bomer, Clive Owen. I'm a sucker for men with accents/dark hair.


Alrighty, eleven questions for the nominees.

1. Deserted island. One item you take
2. Feminist or not?
3. Favorite dessert
4. One item on your bucket list
5. Cat or dog?
6. If you won the lottery, first thing you would do
7. Favorite movie
8. Least favorite book/book that you wanted to pitch across a room you've ever read
9. How many tattoos do you have?
10. Favorite decade of the 20th century and why
11. Favorite age you've been thus far and why

And the nominees are....



Christina at The Murrayed Life (Don't care if I can't nominate her again. :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award! I love Mac n cheese - it's one of the things I miss most since having moved to Australia (Australian cheese doesn't melt like cheese in America does...it's heart breaking).

    ReplyDelete