Friday, May 24, 2013

May Blogging Challenge

Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.
Day 21, Tuesday: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives
Day 22, Wednesday: Rant about something. Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel. (a pet peeve, a current event, a controversial topic, something your husband or roommate or neighbor or boss does that really ticks you off)
Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you
Day 24, Friday: Your top 3 worst traits


20-I struggle with family issues. My brothers are going through some really intense stuff right now and while I can love them and be there for them, I have to struggle with not being Wonder Woman, tying on the cape and swooping in. (Somewhere, my therapist just sang Hallelujah!) But I can continue to send them good vibes and love.

21-






22- Ooh, so many different things. Probably the utter lack of respect that most of the US gov't has for women; be it passing archaic reproductive laws or the absolute shit maternity care and leave policies.

23-How to be kind. How to listen. Most of the feminist literature or articles (thanks, tumblr!). How to pull one's head out of one's ass.

24-Sometimes too excitable. Not everyone goes at Jillian's warp speed. I can snap too quickly if I'm tired or overstressed. Not being able to let go (hey-o anxiety!)

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I can't let go of things easily either. I usually need sleep and time, lots of time, even for the most ridiculous little things. If it bothers me, it will bother me. On the positive side though, if I love something, I will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete