Thursday, January 26, 2017

Women's March

This was my first peaceful protest and it was awesome (minus realizing I am mildly claustrophobic in large crowds, which in turn made me feel like a wuss and I had wanted to get more enjoyment out of it)

 

I met up with a friend from work at Union Station and we walked to the Mall from there. Walking out of the Metro, seeing the gush of the crowd made me burst into tears. It gave me hope.


We made it down behind the National Museum of the American Indian and just before the Air and Space. We ended up being able to see a screen and I got to see Michael Moore and Ashley Judd.


Inspiring.

It wasn't that way for all participants and I want to highlight a story I read. We can do better, we MUST do better than this. I told myself, when I woke up November 9th and realized life had changed, that I was going to use whatever privileges I had for good, for others who needed them. I'm trying to do that, each day, by putting in the work that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment