Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday Snippets: All the Things edition

Combined with my job needing more attention starting at the end of January and then every single weekend in April being booked, I'm ready for a nap. If all prevails, I will have downtime again starting in July. Oof.

Right, about that post racial America? Reading Shanesha Taylor's story broke my heart into pieces. But there is some good news.

To file under adorable I love puppies.

Shut up and take my money There may have been a time sophomore year of college where I skipped an evening class to watch this movie. And then proceeded to sob like a two year old.

Sobbing. So beautiful to read, but bring the tissues.

Beautiful artwork to remember a beautiful man I read Love in the Time of Cholera when I spent three weeks in Prague. I loved that book.

Can't wait to read her book

An appreciated honest approach to spawning tiny ones

I can't tell you whether having kids will be worth it for you. And that whole, "We are waiting until we're ready" thing? Right. You are never ready for this. When the tiny human cometh, all bets are off. And from then on, the question is never again whether or not it's worth it. The question is how you make it worth it for them.

This is disgusting (TW) I have been reading on this case as soon as Cecily McMillan came forward. Utterly awful.


(Photo Credit: http://jessehimself.tumblr.com/post/82600871038)

Welp, somebody better tell my partner this I've been doing it all wrong.

Since a woman prefers to marry a man who makes more money than she does, Schlafly argued, decreasing the gender pay gap would leave women unable to secure a husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment