Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday Snippets: Ugh, body

I had grand plans for this weekend (raking leaves, cutting up the old christmas tree, turning compost, etc) and instead my uterus decided it was the Kraken.

Some important images:

(photo credit: http://i-am-a-child-of-time.tumblr.com/post/80113430293)

What fresh fucking hell is this shit?! No, of course we don't have a problem with race/racism in this country.



(photo credit: http://i-am-a-child-of-time.tumblr.com/post/80379417141)



I laughed so hard. To be fair, earthquakes are scary as hell. When we have the one in August 2011, the floor was rolling in my office and I got knocked into walls trying to make it to a doorway.




I need white people to stop pretending consent was possible during slavery.

Stop lying to yourselves that those black cousins are the result of illicit love affairs & grasp that slaves could not say no.

When consent is not an option, when you’re only seen as 3/5ths of a human being & you have no legal standing? You can’t say yes.

I need white America to sit down for a sec. Look into the faces of black Americans with the same last names & figure it the fuck out.
“Hurricane Katrina shrank the Black population in New Orleans by 57 percent.”

No comments:

Post a Comment