Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Snippets: Happy National Women's Day (the day after) Edition

And a beautiful one at that. I threw open all the windows in the house and I could almost smell spring.

Ugh. Double ugh. Of course she wrote a book.

It's sad that I'm not even surprised anymore. What the fuck? I feel like I should have that on a bumper sticker at this point.

Gah, love this tiny house!

Another fantastic discussion over at A Practical Wedding on my favorite subject I love reading stories about surnames.

LOL x 1000000 I may have to use these for our vow renewal.

Beautiful flowers

This is fantastic news

On Tuesday the Maryland Senate voted 32-15 to pass the long overdue Fairness For All Marylanders Act, which would expand Maryland's anti-discrimination laws to protect transgender people in employment, housing, access to credit and public accommodations.

Interesting spring cleaning idea (excusing the fact that I'm not Catholic aside) She includes a list of non-stuff to purge too.

A forty day period in the spring (coinciding with the 40 days of Lent) where you focus on cleaning one area per day. In this one area you challenge yourself to declutter, simplify, decrapify, and get rid of things you don’t need. The goal is one bag a day but you can have more or less.


According to the Six Items Challenge, the average American purchases nearly 70 pieces of new clothing per year. “This equates to 20 billion new garments bought in the USA alone, many of these are contributed to clothing that costs about as much as a newspaper or cup of coffee at Starbucks.

This poor beautiful ship On one hand, I love seeing abandoned places, but I see how beauty has rotted away and it's heartbreaking.


No comments:

Post a Comment