Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Snippets: Yes, I do believe it's finally winter edition

So will we get a white Christmas this year?

Sunsets/sunrises are my favorite How beautiful are these pictures? In a similar vein, it took me a second to realize what was being pictured here. How cool are those? Gah, I love this too!

TDOR thoughts from Janet Mock I can't wait to read her book.

Often when I see a trans woman of color in the media, she is being gawked at, misgendered and reduced to victimhood, a sort of martyr we hold up as a voiceless, inactive symbol of our collective oppression and pain, as if that oppression is distributed evenly throughout our communities. I’m struggling to come to grips with this, to find solutions, healing and action.

Truth If I had a dollar for everytime invisible illness weren't taken seriously....


If you’ve been a “normal” size your whole life, you may never have thought of the benefits of being thin. But sizeism is very prevalent, and it’s one of the acceptable “isms” in our society.


Yet again, the justice system failing our citizens.

Back in June 2011 CeCe McDonald and her friends were minding their own business and headed to a nearby Target store in their south Minneapolis neighborhood. As they passed the Schooner Tavern they were subjected to racist and transphobic slurs and a fight instigated by Molly Shannon Flaherty that resulted in the death of neo-Nazi sympathizer Dean Schmitz.

Completely disgusting What. The Fuck.

Logan Beaschler and Collin Warren, both 18, and 19-year-old Joseph Bomgardner, have been charged with misdemeanor hate crime and battery, Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Erin West said. The three men, who lived with the 17-year-old victim in a four-bedroom dormitory suite they shared with four other students, allegedly began harassing their black roommate starting at the beginning of the school year in August.

At first, the suspects nicknamed the victim "Three-fifths" and "Fraction," referring to the way the U.S. government once counted a slave as three-fifths of a free person, police said.


LOL Completely how I felt during college.

I would say Fucking Florida, but really this could happen and does everywhere in the country.


This is awesome!

I love this video.

Sparkles! I mean, honestly who doesn't love pictures of sparkles? Or videos of a kitten purring?


I also found some lovely quotes too:

No comments:

Post a Comment