Monday, March 18, 2013

Around the Interwebz: Is Spring forever lost to us? Edition

Here on the East Coast, we had snow again today. For those playing at home without a calendar, it's March 18th. At this rate, I'll still be bundling up in my winter coat in July.

This is bullshit

Really? A six year old? Awful that they are putting her through that.

One of the many downsides of Facebook

I think we've all been there. I know there a few on my friends' list that always seem to be perfect, have the cutest pictures, etc. I don't think we've begun to understand how social media affects our lives fully yet.

And then there's this

The maternal instinct is a real thing, Kelly argues: Girls play with dolls from childhood, so “women are raised from the get-go to raise children successfully. When we are moms, we have a better toolbox.” Women, she believes, are conditioned to be more patient with children, to be better multitaskers, to be more tolerant of the quotidian grind of playdates and temper tantrums; “women,” she says, “keep it together better than guys do.”

This was just from the first page! Way to win with the gender stereotyping!

“I feel like in today’s society, women who don’t work are bucking the convention we were raised with … Why can’t we just be girls? Why do we have to be boys and girls at the same time?” 

I can't even with this shit.

Granted, the article is mostly about one woman who is helped by her husband with the "low six figure income." And therein lies the rub. This is about a white able bodied upper middle class woman and her family.

The whole article made me want to slam my head into a wall.


For something lighter.....this would be my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment