Friday, August 31, 2012

A Follow Up to the Kettler Post

Pull up a chair. If you're just joining us, please start here.

I have been back and forth on the phone with the property manager in Beltsville, Maryland and a corporate spokesperson in McLean, Virginia. Let me just clear up any confusion, the rudeness is a part of the corporate Kool-Aid; it extends all the way to the top.

I was told by the property manager, after I said that the communication was lacking, that "she was sure I wasn't perfect at my job either and that she's sure I've made mistakes."

Um, what?

Yes, it turns out that the post office fell behind on delivering and forwarding mail, part of life, moving on. However, I do not deserve to be talked to in such a manner.

And they are still wrong. In our lease, and from talks with customer service with ista, I was not allowed to give them move out information (ie forwarding address) because it had to come from the leasing office. So what does Barbara at Corporate say? Oh, I should have called ista with the move out information.

Um, what?

Barbara then told me that when she moved from Florida a year and a half ago, she didn't wait for the mortgage company to call her to remind her to pay her bill.

Um, what?

I have never defaulted on any bills or been late in my life. How dare you! I had assumed, from a prior experience with your godforsaken company, that ista had been taken care of, since I wasn't allowed to call, per instructions in my lease! Also, new homeowner. Have approx. 5 million things to take care of. Also, ten days from time of sending? If it was indeed mailed August 16, ten calendar days puts in my mailbox August 26th, which for those without a calendar, would be a Sunday. Which means I had until Monday to respond, which is when the collection calls started.

Please, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment