Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Articles Round-Up

Modern Day Mothering from Salon Really interesting read.

Racialicious and Supporting Planned Parenthood

Jill on Charlie Sheen TW I never really liked him, as an actor or otherwise. I find it reprehensible that the violence he has spewed toward others has just made him a mockery and not actually gotten him any consequences, save for having issues with his tv show.

In what world does this make sense?

A great read about rape jokes (TW) I think so many guys fit into the category of wanting to laugh with friends, but not realizing the damage it does. It also speaks to the kyriarchy, about how men need to feel accepted by other males, so sometimes they won't point out the damaging or hurtful things their friends say.

Another interesting look at marriage I've been gobbling up material on marriage for the past year or so and I really enjoyed this article.

Still mulling this one over; pay raises for women

My cockles are indeed also warmed I think this is a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment