Monday, February 28, 2011

Articles Round-Up

Thank you, Tracy McMillan But in fact, I get angry quite often and even sometimes, gasp, at my husband!

YES! On the other hand, it is completely scary that men are coming up with bills like this.

This man makes me wish I lived in NY

Wow, really? Douchebaggery

Would be awesome if we had these Childcare has been on my mind for a while now, I have two friends who are starting their families (one is starting on child number two and the other on the first). The former pays exorbitant fees for her son's pre-school/daycare and the second is starting to look at schools/daycares in her area. My mom is a preschool teacher so I know what a good daycare/school looks like. They had very small classes, trained teachers (education and in emergency care) but I also knew what it cost.

My husband and I aren't planning on starting our family now; two or three years. I hate that childcare is so expensive and so hard to find, a good school anyway. I mean, I believe good teachers should be well paid because I am grateful for all the wonderful teachers I had. They do a great service. But we (Americans anyway) are woefully behind on providing good childcare services to our citizens. Course we also are behind on maternity and paternity leave too, but that's a whole 'nother issue.

Uh, duh? I've known this for quite a while. Republicans are all about the baby love, that is until pre-natal costs, delivery costs, feeding/clothing/caring costs factor in.

No comments:

Post a Comment