Monday, November 15, 2010

Articles Round-Up

For the gift inclined....

Some really good ideas there.

Very sad

Reminds also of Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Committed, how she and her partner had to get married so he could stay in the country. Issues with same sex marriage aside, what if you actually don't want to get married for whatever reason but still want to stay with your partner(s)? The insistence on marriage is discriminating for several reasons and I think that needs to be re-examined. You should be able to choose the life you wish, not one that's forced down your throat by the government.

Speaking of gov't forcing...

I hate this so much. And flying is the only cheap/fast way I can visit my mother and my mother's side of the family. I've been in the full body scans and when I stepped out of the little box, the TSA person looked my choker necklace and asked what it was. What the fuck do you think it is? I understand we want to keep people safe but this is going to piss people off more. When I flew into Prague, I walked through the metal dectector, got my passport stamped, grabbed my bag and walked out the door. Much less hassle than flying in the US.

Absolutely heartbreaking

They need help now, not when we decide to pull our heads out of our asses.

No comments:

Post a Comment