Monday, June 13, 2016

Savor: Halfway through 2016

I picked "Savor" for my word for 2016 and I think it was definitely the right word.
  • Anniversary photos. I love the look of golden hour shots and hey, I get to pose with a cute guy.

  • I started a moments jar; I'd write down really great moments on a slip of paper and will look at them all at the end of the year.
  • The EL Simplicity Challenge. I really liked tackling a few decluttering items that I hadn't considered
  • Reading this magazine and in the latest issue, this passage stuck out:

I know that feeling of spilling all of your guts about the worst secret you've kept to yourself. Mine? Because of the abuse I suffered and subsequent anxiety (truly a gift that keeps on giving) I didn't think that I was a good person, that I didn't deserve kindness and that anyone in my life, including my darling husband, was only there out of pity. When I told Justin last November (last fall SUCKED), he just hugged me. His unwavering faith in me is something I can't believe I get to have in my life.

  • Being super conscious of putting my phone down to be present. Just last night, when Justin got home, I pulled out the book I was reading and we snuggled in our bedroom while dinner finished cooling on the stove.

I'm looking forward to the second half of the year. After two years of slogging through debt repayment and anxiety, this year feels like a breath of fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment