Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello 2015!

I intended to have this post up yesterday, but 2015 greeted me with a multi-hour migraine, just to say howdy. I spent the entire day on the couch, eating nibbles from a sandwich and covered in the healing power of kitties. I'm slept better, but still not feeling 100% today. I really hope this isn't setting a precedent for the rest of the year.

Anyhey, onward to goals!

From last year:

  • -Finish all unread books on my bookshelves/wishlist. Nearly made it with this one. I received two unexpected books, so I'm not technically counting those, but as of ones from the beginning of the year, only one! It's a bell hooks book, so it requires some serious digging in.
  • -Upload all photos to Shutterfly Yes! I've kept up with it too.
  • -Help Mom finish my T-shirt quilt Literally finished the final stitching on the eve of New Year's Eve.
  • -Get the russian tattoo I want. Didn't get to this one. I would like to this year, but it's not urgent. I just ran out of money last year.
  • -Get subscription to Ancestry to finish genealogy project Yes! I have most of the basics in, but I need to start branching out domestically and more internationally.
  • -Plan vow renewal Yup! It's in four months! I have to finish paying off a whole chunk of things, but it's happening!
  • -Trip by myself I realized that I actually fulfilled this with a work trip! I had to navigate around San Antonio and did so successfully! And had a giant bed and cable all to myself.
  • -Take a writing class at The Writer's Center for Moose Girl. I decided against this.
  • -Purge harddrive. OMG. This was so satisfying! I scanned up even more stuff and have trimmed so much crap from our file cabinet.
  • -Pay off my car YUP
  • -Pay off credit card. Yeah, about that money and lack of it...
  • -Pay off private loan. I am so so close to this. It's under 2500 and it will be paid off with our tax refund in a few weeks.
  • -Build an emergency car/house kit. I actually have it started (thanks to husband buying me emergency rations for Christmas-what you get when you marry an engineer...)
  • -Have one weekend a month (at least) that is no-spend. We actually did okay for the first half of the year, but it went to crap after that. We did make strides in food, which is our biggest expense. I also am trying to only buy clothes/accessories every three months, to work with the seasons.
  • -Fix bike and ride at least once a month. No, but it is on for this year. I miss riding so much.
  • -Visit an allergist. Yes! And it turns out I have non-allergic allergies. My body is never simple. But I feel better.
  • -Drink more water. I have a new glass at work and I remember to drink way more water now.

And now, for 2015!

My word for this year is quality. As in quality over quantity. I don't want the extra crap anymore.

Personal

-ride bike at least once a month april-october once bike is fixed (All I have to do is reattach the seat and buy a new helmet.)

-read at least 30 minutes a day (books) ( I stare at screens too much.)

-set firm bedtime (10:30) with screens (tv/computer/cell) off at 8:30pm (I find I sleep much better this way)


House

-update guest bathroom (It needs love. And non-awful blue colors)

-new living room carpet (We've needed it for a while.)

-combine our two offices to make room for growing our family (I'll let you figure that one out. ;)

-fill in fence gaps and put up two gates in the backyard; one by neighbors, one by shed

-room by room inventory of items needed/tasks to be done


Financial
-set up a charity budget (feeding america/mspca/vet ranch) & volunteer at local food bank (I always scramble to donate at the last minute and want to give more.)

-pay off secu loan (Oh, it's ON.)

-pay off small loan (A student loan that needs to be gone. For a variety of reasons).

-set up student loan paperwork with work, for non-profit forgiveness (Apparently, I may be able to get loan forgiveness after ten years at the AGA. If that happens, I may dance naked in the street.)

-redefine budget with the aim of eating out less (Yup. It's our biggest expense next to the mortgage.)


Writing/Photography

-photograph more with SLR (I love that my phone is handy but I need to get out and use my bigger camera more.)

-enter at least three chapbook contests with Moose Girl (Yes. I want this beaut published.)


Health
-schedule a neurological visit to try to solve headaches (See the last year of my life. My headaches have really ramped up in the last year and a half and they need to be gone. I may also have an eye exam, in case I need glasses.)

-have updated full physical with blood work since last one was nearly 3 years ago (See item about growing family ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment